ResourceSmart Schools Program in Gippsland
Imagine a program for schools that not only fulfills curriculum, environmental and social outcomes for the whole school community but is free and will save your school money for years to come!
Become part of a community of schools taking action to:
- minimise waste
- save energy and water
- promote biodiversity
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
ResourceSmart Schools is an award-winning Victorian Government program that provides practical support to reduce resource use and make cost savings, integrate sustainability education into the curriculum and share learnings beyond the school gate.
ResourceSmart Schools will:
- help you to undertake audits in whichever focus area your school wants to make changes or generate savings
- work with you to create and deliver your school’s plan for a more sustainable and economically manageable future
- provide you with connections to other ResourceSmart Schools who will share with you their innovations and successes and their financial and curriculum gains.
ResourceSmart Schools Award
2020 Nominations Open
Does your school reduce waste, save energy and water, and care for the environment like a winner?
Nominations for the Awards are open until 16 March at the SustainVic website.
The award categories have been designed to reflect the inclusive and collaborative approach of the ResourceSmart Schools program. The categories for 2020 are:
- ResourceSmart School of the Year
- Teacher of the Year
- Student Action Team of the Year
- Community Leadership School of the Year
- Curriculum Leadership School of the Year
- Campus Infrastructure and Operations School of the Year
- School Community Volunteer of the Year
- Entries close – Monday 16 March 2020
- Awards ceremony – Friday 5 June 2020
Working With Your School
Key to the success and effectiveness of ResourceSmart Schools is that local sustainability facilitators work at your school with teachers and students.
Facilitators work with primary and secondary schools and school camps to help develop fun and engaging hands-on sustainability programs that produce real cost-saving benefits.
They provide practical support and expertise to help you develop a range of activities and resources to help students understand the fundamentals of sustainable living and lead the way on relevant, practical projects.
Contact Alison Taylor - Gippsland's RSS Coordinator on:
T 03 5633 2744
Visit the ResourceSmart Schools website for further details at www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/School
Download the ResourceSmart Schools brochure (pdf)
Check out our recent ResourceSmart Schools newsletters
ResourceSmart Schools is a Victorian Government program managed by Sustainability Victoria. In Gippsland, the ResourceSmart Schools program is delivered by Resource Recovery Gippsland.