Information About Gippsland Council and Government Waste and Recycling Services
Residential waste collection, processing and recycling services are provided by your local council.
Each council has a range of responsibilities and services relating to kerbside bins, transfer stations, landfill management, recycling, hard and green waste, illegal dumping of waste, and some commercial and industrial waste.
Always check with your council about what services are available to you.
All six Gippsland councils have signed a memorandum of understanding with the Gippsland Waste and Resource Recovery Group to explore the potential for joint procurement initiatives. Bringing together council kerbside bin collection and processing services could see a range of economic, social and environmental benefits for the region.
Find out more about Gippswide Kerbside.
The environment portfolio provides the Victorian Government with policy advice, environmental regulation, programs to implement policies and reporting on the state of Victoria's environment.
The portfolio partners are:
- Sustainability Victoria (SV)
- Environmental Protection Authority Victoria (EPA Victoria)
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP)
- Victorian Waste and Resource Recovery Groups
- Resource Recovery Gippsland (Gippsland WRRG)
- Barwon South West WRRG
- Goulburn Valley WRRG
- Grampians Central West WRRG
- Loddon Mallee WRRG
- Metropolitan WRRG
- North East WRRG (all links)