Fire-affected Farm Fencing Wire Waste
A notice for farmers/landowners and the many valued volunteers assisting with farm fencing clean-up and re-establishment.
Sites have been set up to stockpile this agricultural metal/wire (only) waste.
We have negotiated with a private contractor to collect this waste metal from stockpile sites listed below.
These stockpile collection points will be ongoing until further advised.
Fencing wire stockpile locations:
• Buchan: old sawmill site, 2286 Bruthen-Buchan Road
• Wairewa Transfer Station, Carl Smith Road
• Nowa Nowa: old sawmill, 31 Red Knob Road
• Cann River: old gravel pit off Cemetery Track
• Ensay: recreation reserve, Doctors Flat Road
Other sites are also being identified and will be publicised when available.
Please do not leave fencing wire in road reserves or other public land. This is considered illegal dumping which is a fineable offence.