Board Members and Committees
Board of Directors
The Board is the governing body of Resource Recovery Gippsland, one of Victoria’s seven Waste and Resource Recovery Groups.
The responsible minister is the Hon Lily D’Ambrosio MP, Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change.
The Gippsland Local Government Waste Forum nominates four members to the Minister to be appointed to the Board. Through an open process, a further four skills-based Directors are appointed to ensure the Board has the skills and experience to deliver its responsibilities.
Meet our Board
Audit, Risk and Finance Committee
In accordance with the Financial Management Act 1994, the Audit, Risk and Finance Committee assists the Board fulfil its function through reviewing:
- the financial reports and other financial information produced by the company
- the company’s internal control systems across the accounting, finance, IT and other functions/disciplines
- the company’s process for legal and regulatory compliance
- the company’s auditing and reporting processes generally, and
- assessing the company’s process for identification, assessment and management of risk.
Local Government Waste Forum
The Environment Protection Act 1970 establishes a Local Government Waste Forum to support the effective operation of Resource Recovery Gippsland.
Each Gippsland council nominates a Councillor as a Representative to the Forum. In addition, a council may nominate a senior staff member as an Advisory Member to the Forum.
- Develop the capacity of local government to deliver effective, efficient and sustainable waste and resource recovery planning and management across the region.
- Engage with industry, government and community stakeholders to improve waste and resource recovery management and planning.
- Assist the Board to engage councils across the Region in the planning and management of waste.
- Nominate four members to the Minister for Environment, Climate Change and Water for appointment to the Board of Directors, in accordance with the EP Act.