Gippswide Kerbside – Organics Processing Tender
To progress Gippsland’s transition to a low carbon, circular economy, and to reduce the volume of material going to landfill, Resource Recovery Gippsland is delivering the region-wide collaborative procurement project – Gippswide Kerbside – in partnership with the six Gippsland Councils.
SIX COUNCILS, FOUR TENDERS, ONE REGION
With a memorandum of understanding in place with all six Gippsland shire councils – Bass Coast, Baw Baw, East Gippsland, Latrobe City, South Gippsland and Wellington – Gippswide Kerbside is progressing to market through a process of four Tenders:
1. Organics (FOGO) Processing
2. Residual Waste Processing
3. Glass & Mixed Recycling Processing
4. Collection and Transport.
Gippswide Kerbside aims for a collaborative solution for the management of kerbside materials to deliver:
• increased resource recovery and decreased landfill
• cost effectiveness and economies of scale
• emissions reduction
• regional investment in value added services and infrastructure
• increased local employment and procurement opportunities
• a move to a sustainable regional circular economy model.
GIPPSWIDE KERBSIDE ORGANICS PROCESSING TENDER – RFT Number: 2021002
The Organics Processing Tender will open at 11am (EST) Tuesday 10 August 2021 and close 5pm (EST) Wednesday 8 September 2021.
This Tender is designed to secure Gippsland’s capacity to process food and garden organics consistent with the requirements of the Recycling Victoria Policy.
The Tender document can be obtained via the eProcure portal accessed through the Resource Recovery Gippsland website.
Tenders may only be lodged electronically via the eProcure portal. Hard copy, facsimile or emailed tenders will not be accepted.