New Regional Community Power Hubs Announced
Source: Sustainability Victoria.
Seven new hubs for community owned renewable energy will be established around Victoria after recipients were announced under the next stage of our Community Power Hubs program.
Over the coming year, these organisations will work closely with their local communities to provide trusted advice on clean energy solutions and deliver local, cost-effective renewable energy projects:
- Geelong Sustainability Group – Barwon South West.
- Gippsland Climate Change Network – Gippsland.
- Ballarat Renewable Energy and Zero Emissions – Grampians.
- Healesville CoRE – Greater Yarra Valley and Ranges.
- Indigo Power in partnership with Goulburn Valley Community Energy – Hume.
- Bendigo Sustainability Group – Loddon Mallee.
- Yarra Energy Foundation – metropolitan Melbourne.
The $3.73 million Community Power Hubs program supports Victorians to act on climate change and forms part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to deliver low-emission, low-cost energy services and the transition to net-zero emissions.