Victoria Is Going Circular
On behalf of the Victorian Government, Sustainability Victoria is partnering with industries, businesses, governments and communities to make the circular economy a reality in Victoria.
Over the past 12 months, we have released more than $60 million in funding, with more to come. The focus of this initial funding includes:
- recycling infrastructure improvements to increase domestic capacity
- innovations in Victorian businesses to eliminate waste and pollution through design
- research into new and improved recycled products and processes
- grassroots community solutions for waste avoidance, repair and reuse of goods
- statewide behaviour change and education campaign to encourage all Victorians to put the correct recycling items in their household kerbside bin.
This work is underpinned by Recycling Victoria, the Victorian Government’s $380 million action plan to build a recycling system all Victorians can rely on, reduce waste, create local jobs and boost the economy. We are delivering 14 of the 24 Recycling Victoria programs.
We are delivering 14 of the 24 Recycling Victoria programs.
Sustainability Victoria CEO, Claire Ferres Miles believes all Victorians have a crucial role to play in the circular economy.